This is a biological community that is dominated by trees and other woody vegetation. More than one half of tropical forests have already been destroyed. Only scattered remnants of original temperate forests remain. Current extensive logging in boreal forests may soon cause their disappearance. There are three major types of forests; tropical rainforest, temperate forest and boreal forest (taiga). They all belong to the forest biome.
- A biome can be defined* as a major community on earth with a predominant vegetation and adapted organisms to that particular environment.
- *Campbell, N.A. 1996. Biology, 4th Edition. The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company, Inc., Menlo Park, California.
- Frame size 30*20 cm (image size 22*11 cm), 45*30 cm (image size 34*17 cm) and 75*50 cm (image size 56*28 cm), Hahnemühle German Etching fine art paper. Passe-partout card natural white.
- High quality frame, 9-20 mm in sight, 16-30 mm deep, aluminium with solid riveted connections in the corners, black. Integrated 3-point hanging system.
- Highest quality SCHOTT MIROGARD ® anti-reflective, completely transparent, ultra lightweight museum glass.
- Black and Pantone® Azure Blue, Burnt Sienna, Forest Biome, Jet Black and Sunlight.
- Ships within 10 working days after order.